Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh they places I have gone


#82. Renew Passport

I got a lil misty eyed last night as I was finalizing the passport renewal process, and not only because the my new photo is pretty heinous.
I realized that this passport has been with me since highschool, since my very first trip out of the country and to all the other fabulous places i've been.
And here I am, sending it to a government office so they can probably just throw it into some huge heap of discarded, outdated passports (i would love to visit this heap) and rot.

I remember the night I went to get my first passport photo taken.
Vanessa (who i'm no longer even friends with) and i were headed to a party, and stopped at a fedex kinkos on the way.
my hair was up in my bjork inspired piggytail buns, i was wearing a hemp choker and my awesomely funky glasses.

so i sent that photo, along with all the stamps marking the many trips i've taken to philly in hopes they take good care of it and send me a bright shiny new passport that i can work on marking up with fancy new stamps and adventures.

le sigh

#84. Try a new restaurant every month

I went to Tango Sur on Tuesday with Carla, Angela and her friend Karie.
It was Angela's birthday, so her choice and such a great choice!
We sat outside and it was beautiful!
Seems like there's a trend here: Aregentinian restuarants.

#16. Send a letter/card every month

My aunt ME is sick, she's got the cancer.
We're not the biggest fans of one another, but i love her.
so, i sent her a "thinking of you" card this morning.
not going to say it's gonna go over well, but whatever, i can only control myself.
and today, myself is sending her LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. When I renewed my passport, they sent me my old one back with holes in it. So, good news was, I got to keep it! There's some hope for you...

    Also, I can't BELIEVE you never showed me that picture.
    We need to talk.

    ReplyDelete