Friday, April 24, 2009

she gave me life...let's celebrate hers!

It's mama's birthday!

photos:

4.21
Photobucket

4.22
Photobucket

4.23
Photobucket

#16:
i also sent a card to my cousin bridget for her birthday.
i don't usually send birthday cards, but thought i'd start.
and of course, i felt like how do i start now, and leave out whoever i missed so far, but i have to start at some point and i know hers is coming up, so it has begun! i will be the new auntie ro.
(growing up my sister and i always got birthday cards in the mail, usually the first, from my mom's former co-worker ro. she always signed auntie ro. we rarely see her, but it always makes me feel special that she thought of me around my special day)

Also...#67:
I signed up with Chicago Cares which has a shit load of different volunteer opportunities through the city with various organizations.
Tomorrow, I'll be working at a garden in Humbolt Park for 2 hours
Sunday, not through Chicago Cares, I'll be working the registration tent at a local 5k run.

GO ME!

2 comments:

  1. the flowers look so awesome!!!
    lets talk more about this chicago cares when you have time. lub you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and happy birthday momma c. mc-g!

    ReplyDelete